The Northwest Open Water Swimming Association, Inc (NOWSA) is a 501(c)3 non-profit corporation registered in the state of Washington under RCW 24.03.
NOWSA was founded with the following purpose:
- Promote interest in swimming in Pacific Northwest waters.
- Furnish information and advice to those intending to make a NOWSA sanctioned swim.
- Promote the safety and welfare of sanctioned swimmers.
- Observe and authenticate NOWSA sanctioned swims which take place in Pacific Northwest waters.
- Gather and preserve historical data on NOWSA sanctioned swims.
- Promote public access to the shores and waterways of the Pacific Northwest.
The Pacific Northwest includes Washington, Oregon, Idaho, and may extend to adjacent areas, but not those that conflict with established sanctioning bodies.
You can support NOWSA in fulfilling its mission by: